1.877.831.6224 Current WeatherSundance Calendar Reserve Now
Email Jordan at
Contact the Sundance Snowsports Office at 801.223.4140
Thursday, November 21, 2013
6:00pm - 7:00pm
Sundance Resort Ski School Yurt
This is the perfect chance for parents and athletes to meet our coaches, ask questions, and find out information about the upcoming season.
If you have questions about the meeting or are unable to attend, you can send an email to our Head Coach Jordan at email@example.com or call our Ski School office at 801.223.4140.
The Sundance Snowboard Team is a developmental program working in conjunction with the statewide team of “Team Utah”. The Sundance team is designed to teach young athletes the fundamentals of freeriding and freestyle at a competition level. A portion of training time will be in the Sundance Terrain Park, the other training time will be spent riding different sections of the mountain. Athletes will ride and train on moderate and advanced terrain to learn the essentials and build confidence. More challenging terrain and features will be used strategically to help the athletes boost their skill level and develop their comfort zones.
As a minimum, riders must be aggressive and confident on most terrain. Riders should be comfortable on “blue” terrain and wanting to start riding “black” terrain. Participants should also have a desire to ride small to medium terrain features.
(Exchange dates or locations are subject to change)
Jan 5 First Day of Training, Sundance
Jan 12 Training, Assessing, Sundance
Jan 19 Training, Personal Goals, Sundance
Jan 23 Night Training Session, Sundance
Jan 26 Training, Efficient Riding, Sundance
Feb 2 Training, All Mountain Riding, Sundance
Feb 9 Training, Park Riding and Safety, Sundance
Feb 13 Night Training Session, Sundance
Feb 16 President's Day Weekend, Off Day
Feb 23 Exchange Day, Location TBA
Mar 2 Jackson Hole, Dick's Ditch Classic (2 day event), or
exchange day (Eagle Point)?
Mar 9 Training, Banked Slalom focus, Sundance
Mar 16 Sundance Banked Slalom
Mar 23 Training Wrap up, Team BBQ, Sundance
- COST: TBA + Season Pass (team members will receive the early season price on their Pass).
- Team cost includes all coaching fees, Team Utah membership and registration for the Sundance Banked Slalom March 16
- Included in the 11 Saturdays will be 1-2 exchange dates where the team will train and experience other resorts
- The team will have access to the Utah Winter Sports Park for some optional fun night training
- If interested, team members will have the opportunity to compete in other local competitions
- Parents are responsible for the transporting riders to and from competitions
- Also includes a Team Utah t-shirt
Costs Not Included in Fees: